February 12, 2011

Giardino Ristorante

This new kid on the block is located behind a carwash. While other restaurants with this location serve "cowboy" food, this restaurant serves pizza and pasta so we thought.

After class one day, we wanted to chill and just eat and talk. We chose Giardino because we haven't tried it and it was close one Sunday ago when we were to eat there. At Giardino, we were surprised to see a pocket of tables, chairs and benches with a fishpond and a bridge over it all tucked in a corner away from the street's eyes. We chose the spot to ourselves and ordered.

The waiter brought only one menu with him so I requested for more. He brought another one. Two is many, huh? I was shocked to see Filipino items on their menu. I was expecting it to be purely Pizza and Pasta as their name suggests. We ordered Giardino's Best Pizza, Bacon and Egg Pizza and Carbonara. I didn't time how long it took for them to serve our orders because I had fun talking and laughing with my friends over two pitchers of Iced Tea compliments of the house. :)

Our orders arrived in large, heavy plates and bowls. I got Carbonara and one slice of each Pizza.


The carbonara was buttery and its noodles were shredded. They must have overcooked the pasta thus cutting it into pieces when cooking it with the sauce. It may have a little tast of "Instant" in it though. Something I won't order but also something I may to break the monotony of eating pizza.

Their pizza came in thin slices. The edges were crunchy and the rest smooth and chewy. There were plenty of toppings and it was really tasty that writing about it right now makes me want to eat there this instant.


The owner came to greet us and sell us tickets for a buffet on the Valentine's but my friends and I are all busy people so we declined. After dinner, we chatted and laughed some more and wouldn't have left had it not for the rain.

This is a place where I would want to return to just to chill out and lounge.

Menu. Click to enlarge. Open in new tab to superenlarge.
Menu. Click to enlarge.












Giardino Ristorante
Jalandoni St., Jaro, Iloilo City
(033)3208980
Open everyday (already)

1 comment:

Have you eaten here? What do you think?