February 2, 2011

Salvi's

We were supposed to eat at Giardino but circumstances didn't allow it because Giardino is closed on Sundays. We headed to Salvi's anyway which is about 10 steps away from Giardino.

Salvi's has a limited array of food and is priced high. But given no choice, my friends and I selected what we perceived to be the best and ordered ribs, Lechon Kawali and Pork Binagoongan.

It took a long while for the food to arrive. About 40 minutes in fact. Good thing we had our books and notes to keep us busy.  But on an empty stomach, you couldn't do anything but grumble about the slow service.

After a while, our food arrived. I was greeted with a small slab of ribs which was not appealing at all. The sauce was dark and looked like shit and my ribs didn't smell enticing at all. I took a bite anyway and was more disappointed. In fact, the first word I blurted after I chewed once was, "Maot!" literally meaning ugly but could also mean not delicious. It was tough, dry and not delicious! And this for 135!


I tasted the Lechon Kawali in the hopes of being satisfied but seeing it alone crushes all my hopes of a good dinner. It was fatty with bits of meat scattered here and there. It would have been fine if it was cooked like chicharon where the fat is made edible but it isn't and it's appearance alone screams, "Yuck!"


I tasted it anyway and found it to be tough, dry and not tasty. Same as that rib dish. The only good thing about my dinner was the crispy skin. And there was only a few of that.

The Pork Binagoongan, the waiter said, was good for 3 persons but it seemed to be good for only 1. There were a few slices of meat and plenty of onions and pepper. It didn't even taste like Binagoongan at all.


I was never satisfied with my dinner and even thought of eating again.

I will never eat again at Salvi's.

Menu. Click the images to enlarge. Open in new tabs to superenlarge.













 











Salvi's
Jalandoni St, Iloilo City
Open for lunch until about 12MN
Salvi's on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. try mo liwat kadto maam/sir....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe. Thanks for reading and for the comment. Please follow me and like me on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hungry-Tourist/199528386743852#!/pages/The-Hungry-Tourist/199528386743852). :)

    ReplyDelete

Have you eaten here? What do you think?