February 12, 2011

Jo's Chicken Inato

After classes last Friday, my classmates headed to Roberto's for siopao. I, and a few other friends, weren't in the mood for siopao though. I wanted to eat grilled pork or anything tasty so I tagged along with a friend who wanted to eat at Jo's. :)

A couple of months ago, they added budget meals to their menu. There were 6 choices all priced from PhP 39 to PhP60. Choices include Bihon with Bread and Pancit Canton with Bread at PhP 39 each; Fried Chicken Wings with Rice and Halo-halo, and Grilled Chicken Leg with Rice and Halo-halo at PhP 55 each; and my order of Fried Pork with Rice at PhP60. I forgot the other one. :)


I thought they would have small servings of both pork and rice but when my orders arrived, they certainly proved me wrong. :) The pork was crispy and tasty even if it was just seasoned with salt and pepper, I assume. I liked it so much so that I found myself at a crossroads of ordering extra rice or not. After much inner argument, I decided not to and order their burger instead. :)

After dinner, I had their burger. It was priced at PhP25 and had a thin slice of patty in it. It wasn't really that thin but it was thin compared to other burgers. The bread was soft though and the condiments hot. There was just plenty of ketchup that they seemed to drown my burger in it. :( It was still good nonetheless. Nothing I would crave for but something I may order when I am hungry. The same goes for their Fried Pork except that it may be a little positive on the crave scale. :)


The Bihon, by the way, which my friend ordered had plenty of meat  bits in it. It was good and certainly worth it at PhP39.

**********************************************************************************

The first time I ordered the Pork Belly at Jo's, I felt robbed of my PhP100. The Pork Belly that time was tough and seemed rushed. So I wouldn't have ordered it a second time had I not been craving for grilled pork. Thank God, this time it was tasty, juicy and delicious.

My staple at Jo's though is the Fried Pork. If I am hungry, I add Bihon or Pansit.

The Fried Pork with Rice is at PhP60. It is crunchy and tasty and is even more delicious with that garlic and vinegar concoction served on the side.

The Pansit has a lot of meat on it and has one piece of bread on the side. It may seem small but it really is large. Swear!

This is my friend's comfort zone because they serve her comfort food but I also enjoy it here because of the comfortable place, good food and cheap prices.

**********************************************************************************

Menu. Click images to enlarge. Open in new tabs to superenlarge.






















Jo's Chicken Inato
Jalandoni St., Jaro, Iloilo City
(033)3204937
Other branches at St Paul's and Quezon St. in Downtown Iloilo.
Open for lunch and dinner everyday
Jo's Chicken Inato Website
Jo's Chicken Inato Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you eaten here? What do you think?