February 12, 2011

Dinagsa Festival

Last January 29, I went to Cadiz city for their Dinagsa Festival. What greeted me on the breakfast table were fishes of all kinds, dried squid and beef caldereta. To add, the rice was just the way I like it - soft, sticky and a little wet. :) Ordinary food like this is a treat for me because in a place like Iloilo, fish is scarce in the food shops or stalls I eat in.


After breakfast, there were plenty of young coconuts. I enjoyed eating it because it was soft and tasty. :)


The next day was the festival proper. My friends and I headed to a friend's uncle where there were plenty to eat but we only had Kaldereta.


And, boy, was it yummy! It was soft and not smelly and a little spicy. Just the way I like it. :) There were also some desserts but we just popped one or two of the chocolate bars. It wasn't that moist but was still good nonetheless.


For lunch, I only ate lechon. I thought the skin wouldn't be that crunchy but was I wrong! I also chose the tender and juicy meat parts. Yummy!


What a treat one weekend was! A sure break from my busy life of books. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you eaten here? What do you think?