March 12, 2011

Margec's

This afternoon was a boring day and so was the day before that and the day before the day before today. I headed to Margec's to break the monotony of my existence.

As I was still approaching the counter, the waitress was already greeting me. I had a hard time choosing what to eat. But at boring times like these, I wanted something tasty. I would have wanted the fish dish but I settled for a safe choice of Back Ribs. I added an order of Chocolate Napoleones and went off to sit. I should have paid for my order but the cashier didn't complain. Teehee.

After a minute, my napoleones was served. I reserved eating it for later. After another couple minutes, my drink and a bowl of soup was served. I was shocked but accepted it anyway. I love surprises like free stuffs. :)

After five minutes more, my food arrived. I was shocked to see no bone on my food. I mean, it isn't called backribs for nothing, right? I was also a little disappointed at the size of the free creamhorn.


I ate anyway and enjoyed the really soft and tender meat. The sweet sauce seeped into the meat. It was so tasty that I find myself without any rice towards the end of my meal.


After my main course, I had my small cream horn. The crust was flaky and crispy and the filling tasted like custard or something like that. It was not amazing.


The napoleones, on the other hand, was a chocolate kind - a great innovation to a sweet treat. I planned on eating it with my fork but the icing on top was tough. Hehe. I took a bite and found that it was also flaky and crispy but not fine like those from Bacolod. The chocolate filling tasted like, what else but, chocolate. I like it more than the cream horn but I would prefer cream napoleones more than this.


A downside is the many flies ruining my meal. :( And the booming stereo across the street which makes my heart beat.

There were other pastries on the counter like hopia, empanada and some rolls. I will try them someday. :)

**********************************************************************************

Because I wanted to try the other items on their menu, I came back. This time, I found out that there are no more free cream puffs. And the empanada was not available. So I settled for the herbed fish with mango sauce.

 I love this dish. The fish was tender. The onions were crunchy but not tangy and complemented the tenderness of the fish. The mango sauce was something new and enjoyable and added a twang to the oh-so-familiar fish fillet.

Yum yum yum. If only there are more items on their menu...

**********************************************************************************

Menu. Click images to enlarge. Open in new tabs to superenlarge.














Margec's
Mabini St., Iloilo City
across HealthLink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you eaten here? What do you think?