March 22, 2011

Madge

I have heard from the grapevine about this coffeeshop tucked in an unpretentious market in Lapaz. I have always wanted to try this since last year but only found the time to do so recently.

At Lapaz Market, we just asked where Madge is and then they pointed it to us with their snouts. :) At Madge, the waitress was so friendly and accomodating. She really helped us what to order. We ended up ordering coffee and toasted bread with margarine then sat on one of the many tables and read newspapers.

The coffee we ordered was just the regular one. The occasional coffee-drinker me might die when I go for the strong one... The coffee was very delicious unlike that in Bluejay. It was creamy, yes, because we opted to have milk added to it and it tasted like Bailey's. Haha. I wonder what it tastes like if gin was added to it...

The bread was large, soft and tasty. Very worth it at PhP10.

When we finished our food, we paid since it was almost closing time. The coffee with milk was only PhP22. Since I was always asking about ibos, the ever-friendly waitress told me to return early in the morning when there are a lot of it and other native delicacies. Someday, I will, but next time, I'll go for the regular one without milk so that I can really taste their coffee.

PS They do serve lunch too.

Madge
Lapaz Market
Open from about 5AM-7PM everyday
Madge on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you eaten here? What do you think?