March 22, 2011

Kong Kee

At Kong Kee, there were many waiters and a few customers such that the former resort to sitting on the tables and watch the world pass by. I ordered the Comida China Regular, which is a combo meal with 2 dishes. I had a hard time asking the waiter on what dish choices I can have. I think it took me 5 or 10 minutes to obtain an answer from him. It was so irritating that the very thought of it makes my blood boil this instant!

Our conversation went something like this:
Me (M): Nong, ano na sud-an pwede di?
Waiter (W): Fried chicken kag chopsuey
M: Ano pa pwede?
W: Ummm... Fried chicken kag chopsuey
M: Abi ko mapili duwa ka sud-an, ano pilian ko?
W: Ummm... Kung gusto mo lumpia, ara man.
M: Ano pa?
W: Ummm...
M: Diin di (points to menu) ang pilian ko? (I was already trying to help him here)
W: Ummm... Kung gusto mo fried chicken kag chopsuey, pwede man.
M: (irritated at this point) Ano pa gani?
W: Lumpia, pwede man.
M: (sarcastic) Kung Ox Tongue, pwede man?
W: Ay, hindi.
M: Ano lang bi pwede?
W: Fried Chicken kag chopsuey. Kung Lumpia, pwede man.

And that went on 1000x.

I was so irritated and hungry already that I stopped my source of stress and ordered his recommendation of fried chicken and chopsuey then took pictures to calm myself. While I was taking pictures, a waiter STOOD ON the table beside mine and dusted the walls. Eew! After he cleaned the wall near me, he STOOD ON another table and cleaned another part. A million EEW!!!

After about five minutes, soup was served. It was bland PERIOD.

After another five minutes, my main course arrived. It all looked plain.

The fried rice seemed just mixed in a bowl and it only had tidbits of other stuff mostly egg.

The chopsuey was not exceptional and it had patola. Weird.

The chicken was crispy outside but blood-tinged inside. Haay...

After I finished eating, I ordered chicken siopao because that is what they are known for.

My first bite brought me to my childhood. It tasted just like the siopao my sister makes every afternoon. A few more bites brought me to so-so kingdom again. And this at PhP36. So not worth it.

The waiter's lack of knowledge of his products plus the plain-ness of it all equals me not returning there... AT ALL!!!

Menu. Click images to enlarge. Open in new tabs to superenlarge.























Kong Kee
23 JM Basa St., Iloilo City
(033)3350507
Kong Kee on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you eaten here? What do you think?