April 23, 2011

Mojave

I thought this place was really pricey but when I finally ate here after wanting to do so for 2 or 3 years, I was proved wrong. I really wanted to eat here because it is the only restaurant that serves US-style grill with some cajun and/or creole type of food. All of which exudes a rich taste that writing about it makes my mouth water this instant. In particular, I wanted to try their Texas Pork Ribs and compare it with the real fare in the south of US. And that is precisely what I ordered.

Their menu came on huge wooden slabs that was too big for the table. A bottle of wine was on the center of the table, waiting to be tipped off by the menu. It was very risky. You better be careful or else you might end up paying for a bottle of wine! I took up all necessary precautions and asked the waitress to remove the bottle of wine from my table.

While waiting for my order, the waitress filled a bowl with popcorn made fresh on the site with their popcorn machine. It was an ordinary popcorn.

After about 15 minutes, my ribs arrived. It was so huge!!! The mere looks of it tells me that I couldn't finish it by myself! I took a bite anyway and was instantly disappointed.

It was not fall off the bones as I imagined it to be. And the taste did not really penetrate through the meat.

I asked my friends what they think of Mojave and they have the same opinion as I that it is disappointing.

I hope Mojave improves but I really have no plans to return. Next time, when craving for ribs, better stay safe by choosing Bourbon's Baby Back Ribs. 

Menu. Click images to enlarge. Open in new tabs to superenlarge.



















 










Mojave
The Avenue
Glicerio Pison Avenue, Mandurriao, Iloilo City
Open for lunch and dinner
Mojave on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you eaten here? What do you think?