November 5, 2011

The Swiss Restaurant

Because I was bored, I went out to try new food. And so, it was to the Swiss Restaurant I went.

I had the Pork Bratwurst with Onion Sauce and Potato Salad. I should have had the Cordon Bleu but decided to stay safe by ordering the sausage.

After about 8 minutes, a complimentary roll of bread arrived in a basket. It looked bland and disgusting but it was soft and tasty. I like it even without a spread of butter over it. I didn't want to consume it lest I get full before my main course but I wanted to make the most of my experience so I gobbled everything. :D

After 10 minutes, my sausage arrived. It was large, well-fried and topped with onion sauce and bits. A bite revealed its meatiness and tastiness. I sliced another portion and dipped it in the onion sauce and was even more amazed. I poured more onion sauce from the saucepot that came with my sausage. This didn't go along well though and proves that too much of something is bad.

"I was blown when I took my first bite of my bratwurst. It was full like it was gonna burst any minute." -Me, May 11, 2011

My potato salad was cold and had onion bits on top of it. I didn't like that the potato was chopped into very small pieces but it was boiled right and was not too tough nor too mushy. It tasted quite sour. The onions added a bit of tanginess to it but got quite yucky towards the end of my meal.

The service is the greatest! Although I was the only customer in the restaurant from the moment I entered to the moment I left, the waitresses were attentive. They even ask you your name so they can call you with it and ask you how your food is in the middle of your meal. The airconditioning unit is too small though. :-|

Menu. Click to enlarge. Open in new tabs to superenlarge.


 

















Swiss Restaurant
Pier Area, Tagbilaran City, Bohol
10AM-9PM everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you eaten here? What do you think?