June 14, 2011

Samurai

I heard that the food here was good and cheap and so I dragged my friends for dinner at this seafood place.

We had spicy baked talaba, grilled squid, liempo and aligue rice.

After 10 minutes, our spicy baked talaba came in steaming. We, however, didn't eat it right there and then because we wanted to wait for the rest of our food.

After another 8 minutes, the rest of our food arrived. :)

The talaba was indeed spicy but it has cooled already so we really didn't get to fully enjoy it. I bet it was good! There were only 7 of it but it was priced at P75! Boo.

The grilled squid was soft but there was no stuffing in it and they drizzled barbecue sauce on it. Weird. There was, however, sprinkled garlic and a side of vegetables.

The liempo was, I think, really pork chop. It was tough and I don't like tough food but my friend really enjoyed this despite my complaints that it was not good.

The aligue rice was just rice with alique on top of it. Now, I really can't remember if this was better than that in Breakthrough but I like this nonetheless. :)

The service at Samurai is exceptional. Their waiters are accomodating and knowledgable. If the oysters were priced cheaply then I'd give them a perfect rating. 

Menu. Click images to enlarge. Open in new tabs to superenlarge.























Samurai
BS Aquino Ave, Mandurriao, Iloilo City
(across Smallville)
Samurai on Facebook
09209706125

1 comment:

  1. thank you very much for the contact number!!!! very helpful

    ReplyDelete

Have you eaten here? What do you think?