April 27, 2012

Amalfi

I have always reserved eating here for special occasions because I thought their prices are through-the-roof considering that they belong to Philippine Tatler's Best Restaurants. One night was no special occasion but I found myself there anyway. I was proven wrong about their prices when I scanned their menu for the first time.

My friends and I had Pizza Margarita, Pesto Genovese and Tuna Al Lemone.

They served complimentary pieces of bread with a balsamic vinegar+olive oil+parmesan mixture they poured themselves.

The pizza arrived after 20 minutes. And I got to confirm what my friend said - that the pizzas there are good. It had a thick layer of mozzarella cheese, which isn't sum-od except when the pizza got cold. The tomato used was local, I reckon but it still tasted good anyway. The crust is perfect - thin yet not too chewy or crunchy.

As for the pesto, I don't really like Pesto. In fact, the only time I ordered it was way back in high school. It looked overcooked though, and when I tasted it, it was good so much so that I didn't mind the overcooked noodles. However, it gets a little bland after a while. It seems to lack something. But that feeling only happened in the last few mouthfuls we had.

The tuna pasta was great. I like the mixture of flavors brought about by the mushrooms, lemon, herbs and more.

My first visit will see a next time. Steps of Rome is out, Amalfi is in. It is that good.

Menu. Click to enlarge. Open in new tabs to superenlarge.
















Amalfi
The Avenue, Smallville Complex
BS Aquino Ave., Iloilo City
(033)3295289

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you eaten here? What do you think?