February 8, 2012

Steps of Rome

One of my friends like pasta so we decided to have lunch here one day in October. Good thing there was this pizza-and-pasta-all-you-can at only PhP99 which was offered during lunch and dinner on Mondays and Tuesdays.

When we arrived, there were a lot of people. Waiters kept ignoring us and we had to pull tables for ourselves. As if that was not enough, when we were seated, we kept telling waitersss to wipe the table but it ended on deaf ears. After a very long while, when people were leaving, we decided to transfer inside where it was airconditioned. Here, we were able to give them our orders. I was the first to give them my orders but all of my friends received their orders first. I kept on following up my orders. On my third or so follow up, I decided to order again.

I tried all pizzas and pastas (except of course pesto). My favorite is the Bolognese Pasta. I like the rich tomato sauce and the meat in it.

My second favorite is the Two Mushroom Sauce.

My third choice is the Seafood Pasta. Had there been more olive oil and garlic in it, this would be my first choice. I like it that they didn't scrimp on the seafood and the squid wasn't tough and rubbery.

My next choice is the Tomato Sauce. It's good at first but it gets too tasty after a while.

My last choice is the cream-based pasta. It lacks butter and cream and it has a lot of water in it.

The pizza was less than so-so. And all at measly slices.



Lemon juice is at PhP95. Just PhP4 short of what you are paying for the buffet.

Even if the service is bad, it is still worth it at PhP99. :)

Buffet ad. Click to enlarge. Open in a new tab to superenlarge.











Steps of Rome
Plazuela, BS Aquino Ave., Iloilo City
(033)3333509

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you eaten here? What do you think?